Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
The Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic provides low cost spay and neuter services to the public and is designed to target the lower income areas of the County who cannot afford the normal price for these services at their local veterinary hospitals. The clinic performs only spay and neuter services and does not offer vaccines or routine or emergency veterinary care. The clinic is held at the Willow Street Campus of the Lancaster Career and Technology Center.
The clinic makes the Veterinary Assistant Program at Willow Street the only one in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with live surgery occurring on site as a teaching tool for the students. The Humane League is very proud to be partnering with the program at Willow Street to both serve a need in the community and provide valuable hands-on experience and training for these students.
Important Information to Know:
- This clinic is only available to residents of Lancaster County. If you reside outside of Lancaster County and need to have your pet spayed/neutered, please contact your local animal shelter.
- All dogs and cats that come to the clinic must have proof of a current rabies vaccination before scheduling an appointment for the clinic.
- We receive as many as 75 phone calls and emails per day from people who want information about our spay/neuter services.
- During our busy times, it may take up to two months for someone to return your email/phone call.
- We are only able to return phone calls during regular business hours, M-F, so please leave a number where we can reach you during the day.
- You can also help us schedule you more quickly if you provide us with the following information in your initial phone message or email:
1. Your name and a phone number where we can reach you during the day
2. What type of animal you need to have spayed or neutered (if you need an appointment for a dog, please include the breed of dog)
3. The sex of the animal (male or female)
To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com or call (717) 393-6551 ext. 302. Please know that the demand for this clinic is very high and, while we will make every effort to schedule your pet for an appointment as soon as possible, there may be a waiting list.
Costs for the clinic are as follows:
- Male Cats: $40
- Female Cats: $55
- Male Dog less than 80 pounds: $55
- Male Dog 80 pounds and over: $70
- Female Dog up to 35 pounds: $70
- Female Dogs 36-75 pounds: $90
- Female Dogs 76-100 pounds: $105
- Female Dogs 101 pounds and up: $130
- Male Rabbits: $40
- Microchipping (optional): $30 *This service is only offered at the time of surgery; you may not bring your pet back at a later date.
Free Spay/Neuter for Lancaster City or Lancaster Township Cats During 2013:
Attention Lancaster City and Lancaster Township residents! Do you know that the HLLC will spay or neuter your cat (owned, stray, or feral) for FREE! Yes, you read this correctly, FREE! The Humane League of Lancaster County is proud to announce that it is the recipient of a two-year, $200,000 grant from PetSmart Charities. This grant will provide the resources needed to not only continue providing FREE spay/neuter services for the feral felines, but it has been expanded to include the owned and stray feline populations of both Lancaster City and Lancaster Township!
The clinics will be held at the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602. Please remember that all clinics are by appointment only. To make an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 393-6551 ext. 302. Please note all cats have to have a proof of current rabies vaccination before they are scheduled. Spaces are limited so be sure to email today! A very special thank you to PetSmart Charities for their grant, which allows the HLLC to perform these surgeries for FREE!
Established in 1994, PetSmart Charities, Inc. is an independent, nonprofit 501©(3) organization that creates and supports programs that save the lives of homeless pets, raise awareness of companion animal-welfare issues, and promote healthy relationships between people and pets. The largest funder of animal-welfare efforts in North America, PetSmart Charities® has provided more than $134 million in grants and programs benefiting animal-welfare organizations and has helped save the lives of nearly 5 million pets through its in-store adoption program. To learn more about how PetSmart Charities is working toward its vision of a lifelong, loving home for every pet, visit petsmartcharities.org or call 1-800-423-PETS (7387).
The following organizations also provide low cost spay/neuter services:
Please click here to view/print (PDF) a list of low cost spay/neuter service providers.
- Friends of All Animals (717) 272-6466, www.friendsofallanimals.org
Spay/Neuter for owned and feral cats (no dogs)
Vaccines- $10 each, with or without surgery for dogs and cats
- Lancaster County Cat Rescue (717) 399-5449
- York County SPCA, www.ycspca.org
- No Nonsense Neutering, www.nnnlv.org
- Fairchild Foundation,www.fairchildcat.org
- Plain and Fancy Animal Rescue (717) 949-3125, www.plainandfancypa.com Spay/Neuter for owned and feral cats (no dogs) Vaccines- $18 for both Rabies and Distemper. Will help trap ferals and transport for a fee of $10.