The Humane League of Lancaster County offers public spay/neuter surgery through our Wellness Clinic.
Important Information to Know:
- Please contact the Wellness Clinic to schedule your pet’s initial exam, required for all spay and neuter surgeries.
- We receive as many as 75 phone calls per day from people who want information about our spay/neuter services.
- We are only able to return phone calls during regular business hours, Tuesday through Friday, so please leave a number where we can reach you during the day.
- You can also help us schedule you more quickly if you provide us with the following information in your initial phone message or email:
1. Your name and a phone number where we can reach you during the day
2. What type of animal you need to have spayed or neutered (if you need an appointment for a dog, please include the breed of dog)
3. The sex of the animal (male or female)
To schedule an appointment, call (717) 393-6551 ext. 306. Please know that the demand for this clinic is very high and we will make every effort to schedule your pet for an appointment as soon as possible.
Costs for the clinic are available on the Wellness Clinic site.
The following organizations also provide low cost spay/neuter services:
Please click here to view/print (PDF) a list of low cost spay/neuter service providers.
- Friends of All Animals (717) 272-6466, www.friendsofallanimals.org
Spay/Neuter for owned and feral cats (no dogs)
Vaccines- $10 each, with or without surgery for dogs and cats
- Lancaster County Cat Rescue (717) 399-5449
- York County SPCA, www.ycspca.org
- No Nonsense Neutering, www.nnnlv.org
- Fairchild Foundation,www.fairchildcat.org
- Plain and Fancy Animal Rescue (717) 949-3125, www.plainandfancypa.com Spay/Neuter for owned and feral cats (no dogs) Vaccines- $18 for both Rabies and Distemper. Will help trap ferals and transport for a fee of $10.